- The Very Hungry Crocodile by Roald Dahl - All our children absolutely love the ending and although it's quite a long read for a bedtime story it's really well written.
- Five Minutes Peace by Jill Murphy - Lovely pictures and a funny ending
- The Baby's Catalogue by Janet and Alan Ahlberg - A day in the life of 5 families with really appealing pictures of just about everything your child might observe in a typical day.
- The Tiger Who Came to Tea by Judith Kerr - A real nonsense story that appeals to boys and girls.
- I Do Not Like Green Eggs and Ham by Dr Suess - Really easy to read and quickly established as a catch phrase in our family! Almost as popular is the Cat in the Hat.
If you are wondering how to store your books, have a look at our Tidy Books Bookcase which is designed so that children can easily see their books. We wish these had been around years ago.